Monday, August 23, 2010

good news always brightens the heart

When making a friend its always interesting to see how it all begins.
With Alyrie, I met her once quickly in passing almost. I was in my own little world at the time and probably came across standoffish. I feel so bad for that looking back, allowing myself to be so involved in myself not see such a wonderful person in front of me.
I wrote her a while later just saying hi and it was nice to meet her and made plans to meet up again next time I was in town. Sadly that time never came. Hard times befell us both and our friendship bonded over pain and hurtand with that we started talking and our friendship. We talked, emailed and texted. We were both open and honest with each other. She gave me comfort and prayers. She let me feel what I was feeling. She let me vent. She was a far away friend. She helped me smile. I can only hope I did the same for her.

Alyrie had cancer. I can say had because tonight she gave me the greatest news that she is cancer free!!! My heart jumped tonight when she told me!. So much stress is lifted off her in a way that I can only dream of. I couldn't be happier for her.
My heavy heart has lightened a bit with this news. So with all of that, I have two things to say to my dear friend,
1. Congratulations. You are one of the strongest women I know. You held your head up strong and in times of hurt you allowed yourself to feel it. You inspired me to keep my chin up with my pain that wasn't even close to what you were going through. You were a comfort to a emotional girl that you barely knew. You were so kind to me even in a low time for you. So for all of that my 2nd thing to say
2. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I don't know her... but I can definitely rejoice in her going into remission. WAHHHHHHH. That is the most fantastic news.

    ReplyDelete